I love smoothies. Like, really really love them. They’re a great breakfast on the run, a snack, a way to use up fruit and also… a great way to take care of a sweet craving. I’ve developed a knack for making healthy smoothies that basically taste like dessert. This raw chocolate smoothie is a total lifesaver when those night time cravings sneak up.
Do you love chocolate as much as I do? You should get your hands on some raw cacao powder. Yes, it’s a bit pricy but one bag will last a really long time. There are many nutritional benefits to eating raw even on occasion and this decadent smoothie is just one example of how you can sneak raw foods into your diet. Bananas, almond milk, raw nut butter and raw honey round out the ingredients for a totally healthy treat. Too fancy? This smoothie is still healthy and delicious with regular, non-raw ingredients.
Yields 1 smoothie
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 medium banana
- 2 tablespoons raw peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk, either store-bought or homemade
- Microwave raw honey for 5-10 seconds to thin it out.
- Puree honey, banana, peanut butter, cacao and almond milk in a sturdy blender until smooth.
For a more conventional smoothie, feel free to use non-raw versions of peanut butter, honey and cocoa powder.