Hi! I’m Brandy! I’m the new owner of Savory Simple but don’t worry – this blog is still going to be up and running! Jen put a lot of love into this blog and I have zero plans of letting that fade away.
If you’re wondering who I am let me introduce myself!
My name is Brandy O’Neill and I not only now own Savory Simple but I’m also the owner of the very popular blog Nutmeg Nanny.
Here are a few fun facts about me!
- I was born and raised in Ohio, lived in New York for almost 20 years, and now reside in North Carolina with my husband and our 3 cats.
- Before I was a full time blogger/recipe developer/food photograher I was a nanny.
- I love cats, plantings, traveling, hiking, Coke Zero, air conditioning, and trashy reality TV.
- My favorite movie is Dirty Dancing, my favorite food is fresh baked bread with salted butter, and my favorite airline is Delta. Yes, I have a favorite airline.
About Savory Simple
Savory Simple focuses on well-tested, reliable recipes and tutorials for the home cook. The goal is to help you become confident and fearless in the kitchen!
- All Cooking Levels: My recipes range from beginner to advanced. I aim for beautiful presentation and to get the best flavors out of each dish.
- Classic Recipes: You’ll find everything here from classic recipes like guacamole, snickerdoodles, and German potato salad, to more advanced recipes like Italian meringue buttercream frosting and classic yellow cake.
- DIY Pantry and Fridge Staples: I often share DIY pantry staples you would normally buy at the store, like buttermilk ranch dressing and corn tortillas.
- Learn: I offer tutorials, ingredient, and equipment guides so you can better understand the how and why of certain techniques. This includes roundups like 20 Kitchen Tips I Learned at Culinary School and My Top 5 Tips for Perfect Pasta. I also offer customized online classes, which you can learn more about here!
I thoroughly test every recipe. I believe that with some basic techniques and a willingness to experiment, anyone can be an amazing cook.
Frequently Asked Questions
What photography equipment do you use?
Jen shot with a Canon 5D Mark III and alternate between several lenses:
I also use a Manfrotto 190XPROB 3-Section Aluminum Pro Tripod with a ball head. I do post-production editing in Photoshop CC.
Do you write sponsored posts?
I write sponsored posts on a very limited basis. I prefer working with base ingredients like produce, grains, meats, dairy, eggs, and alcohol.
I occasionally write travel reviews. Contact me for more information.
My media kit is available upon request.
Can I send you a free sample of my product?
Yes, but I do not guarantee I will mention it on social media or the blog.
Are you accepting guest bloggers?
Are you available for freelance recipe development, food photography, and paid guest blogging on other websites?
I am! Let’s talk.
My Top 15 Recipes
People ask me what my favorite recipes are. It’s hard to choose, but I’ve pulled together a list of a few things I love to make again and again.
- Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes (Jen’s grandma’s recipe!)
- Rum Cake
- Eggplant Lasagna
- Mexican Tortilla Casserole
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Scampi
- Cincinnati Chili
- Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Lemon
- Lemon Ice Cream
- Butterfinger Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- Classic Yellow Cake
- Key Lime Pie