These peach yogurt muffins are light, moist, and make a perfect breakfast or snack.
I’ve been trying to use less butter in my baking recently. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE BUTTER and you will probably see it appear very soon in another one of my recipes.
Butter is amazing and it does marvelous things to baked goods (and toast). But I’ve realized that sometimes I’m too dependent on it.
If, for some reason, I use up the 10 pounds of butter I’ve purchased from Costco and won’t be getting back to the store for another day or two, I just assume I won’t be baking.
For example, these peach yogurt muffins. I almost always have a big tub of greek yogurt in the refrigerator for smoothies.
Yogurt basically replaces the butter here and you’d never miss it. These muffins are soft, moist and fluffy.
It was really hard to not eat the entire batch at once! Give them a try. Since it’s not quite peach season yet, I used frozen peaches in this recipe. When the season is right, by all means use fresh.
Peach Yogurt Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 1/2 cup frozen or fresh peaches, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a large muffin pan (I use baking spray with flour).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, vigorously whisk together the eggs, greek yogurt, coconut oil and milk.
- Immediately pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients along with the chopped peaches and mix together with a spatula until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Bake for 20-23 minutes. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes and then gently move to a cooling rack.
Please read my full post for additional recipe notes, tips, and serving suggestions!
For immediate help troubleshooting a recipe, please email me using the form on my contact page. I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! For all general questions, please leave a comment here :)