These chocolate pretzel peanut butter blondies are insanely addictive! Delicate, chewy blondies are packed with peanut butter chips and chocolate pretzels. Next, they’re topped with a thin layer of chocolate and even more chocolate pretzels. They’re soft like brownies but full of satisfying crunch. You don’t want to miss this epic blondie recipe!
If you’re a fan of sweet and salty desserts like I am, then these chocolate pretzel peanut butter blondies are my gift to you. They have the flavors and textures I crave in a dessert recipe. Chocolate pretzels provide a sweet and salty crunch, while peanut butter chips add even more texture and a rich flavor that compliments the other ingredients.
It’s hard to stop at just one. I tried! These blondies are great for serving at parties, and they also travel well, making them perfect for bringing to potlucks or offering up as a tasty gift.
What Are Blondies?
Blondies are very similar to a brownie except for the fact that they use brown sugar in place of cocoa. This creates a more chewy texture and a flavor reminiscent of butterscotch. You can think of them as a cookie but in bar form.
Are you looking for a classic brownie recipe instead? Check out my homemade brownies!
How to Make Blondies
These are so easy to make! More so than cookies or brownies, in my opinion. The process is similar to preparing muffins. You mix the wet ingredients in one bowl, the dry in another, and then you combine everything into one bowl. Spread the mixture into an 8×8 brownie pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes!
To prepare the topping, simply brush melted chocolate on top of the cooled blondies, then sprinkle chopped chocolate pretzels on top. Once the chocolate cools down, it sets and the topping is locked in place.
More Bar Desserts
Chocolate Pretzel Peanut Butter Blondies
Chocolate pretzel peanut butter blondies:
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces light brown sugar (1 cup, packed)
- 5 ounces all-purpose flour (1 cup using Scoop & Sweep Method)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate covered pretzels, coarsely chopped, plus more for topping
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Place an oven rack in the center position and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, egg, vanilla and brown sugar until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet until smooth, then stir in the peanut butter chips and chocolate covered pretzels.
- Pour into the greased pan, spreading the mixture evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the blondies are cooling, place the bittersweet chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 15-20 increments, stirring every time, until the chocolate is smooth and shiny.
- Once the blondies have partially cooled (they don't have to be completely at room temperature), brush a thin layer of chocolate on top, then sprinkle evenly with more chopped chocolate pretzels.
- Let the bars finish cooling as the chocolate topping sets. The chocolate will firm back up, sealing the pretzel topping onto the bars. Slice into 9 or 16 even blondies and serve.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
Please read my full post for additional recipe notes, tips, and serving suggestions!
For help troubleshooting a recipe, please email [email protected] I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! This email address is only for recipe troubleshooting; Solicitations will be ignored.