Nutella Cheesecake Bars are the perfect dessert! You won’t be able to stop eating these once you try them. And the best part? You won’t believe how incredibly easy this cheesecake bar recipe is to prepare at home. Everyone will beg you for the recipe!
I know I’m in the minority but I’ve never been a huge fan of cheesecake. It’s a bit too heavy for me. I love the flavor but a full slice is always too much. If it’s up to me, I’d much rather enjoy cheesecake bars or parfaits. Something smaller and lighter.
These Nutella cheesecake bars are perfectly portioned treats that will make a wonderful addition to holiday parties, birthday celebrations or even just a regular Sunday night.
A little Nutella straight out of the jar is never a bad thing. These bars are a really good excuse to keep some on hand.
Tips For Perfect Cheesecake Bars
- When creating decorative swirls, take care not to go overboard. You don’t want to stir the ingredients together. A few zigzags and you should be good to go!
- After the bars have finished baking and cooling the ends might shrink up and away slightly from the pan, that’s perfectly normal. I slice the ends off for presentation purposes and keep them for myself. They’re delicious.
- Feeling creative? You could try swapping out the Nutella for hot fudge, peanut butter, caramel, dulce de leche or cookie butter. So many possibilities!
If you love cheesecake, be sure to also check out my recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake.
Nutella Cheesecake Bars
for the crust
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
for the filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons Nutella, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x9 inch pan and line with parchment paper, allowing 2 sides to hang over the edges.
- Prepare the crust: in a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, and salt. Use clean hands, a fork or a pastry blender to mix in the butter until its well blended with the other ingredients. Press the mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- While the crust is cooking, prepare the filling: In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the softened cream cheese, vanilla, sugar, egg and 1 tablespoon Nutella, scraping down the sides to ensure that the ingredients are evenly combined. Continue mixing on medium speed until well blended, 1-2 minutes.
- Place the remaining 3 tablespoons of Nutella in a microwave-safe dish and heat in 15 second intervals, stirring each time, until the spread has thinned out and will be easier to swirl onto the top of the cheesecake mixture.
- Remove the pan from the oven and pour the filling over the crust, using a spatula to spread evenly. Drizzle the warm Nutella on top and use the tip of a spoon to swirl decoratively, taking care not to disturb the crust.
- Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the filling is set. Cool for 30 minutes and then refrigerate for 30 minutes. Slice into 16 bars and serve. Store in the refrigerator.
Please read my full post for additional recipe notes, tips, and serving suggestions!
For immediate help troubleshooting a recipe, please email me using the form on my contact page. I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! For all general questions, please leave a comment here :)