You ever just have one of those days? I know you have. Where it feels like everything is going wrong. Friday was one of those days for me. A 30 minute meeting turned into 5 hours. I didn’t get a chance to run all of my errands. My oven broke. MY OVEN BROKE. This might be the first time I’ve missed apartment living. Where’s maintenance??? We have to fix this crap? Crap.
There’s only one thing to do on a day like this: ice cream. Make that two things: ice cream and alcohol. This boozy peaches and cream milkshake is like a party in your mouth, and it takes the edge off those days. Bottoms up!
- 2 large very ripe peaches
- 1 cup full-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1 ounce dark rum (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Slice the peaches in half and remove the pit.
- With very clean hands, squeeze the juice and pulp into a blender (this will only work with a very ripe peach). Most of the skin will stay in your hands. Alternately, you can blanch and peel the peaches.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
More Milkshake Recipes:
Savory Simple – Vanilla RumChata Milkshake
Savory Simple – Nutella Irish Cream Milkshake
Savory Simple – Boozy Malted Hot Chocolate Milkshake
Joy The Baker – Toasted Marshmallow Milkshake
Chocolate Moosey – Cadbury Creme Egg Milkshake
Not Without Salt – Roasted Strawberry Milkshake