If you love classic honey mustard, there’s no reason to purchase it from the store! This homemade honey mustard recipe is easy to prepare at home, and it comes together in no time.
I love saving money on groceries, don’t you? When it comes to condiments, I’m a big fan of using the ingredients I already have to create homemade versions instead of spending more money.
Spice blends are a perfect example. Why purchase a cinnamon sugar blend or Italian seasoning mix when I already have all the ingredients? It’s a waste of money, and my spice cabinet is already overflowing.
This honey mustard recipe is another great example of how you can use what you already have in your kitchen pantry and fridge to save money. I hate to even call it a recipe; it’s literally two ingredients.
HOW TO MAKE HONEY MUSTARD
To prepare this recipe, simply whisk together 1/3 cup Dijon mustard with 1/4 cup honey in a small bowl until smooth. I’ve included a printable version of this below.
This recipe will yield slightly more than 1/2 cup, or four 2-tablespoon servings. You can scale the recipe up or down as needed.
Uses For Honey Mustard
- Whisked into a vinaigrette (check out my homemade vinaigrette)
- Served with pretzels (soft or hard)
- Served with vegetables like broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, coleslaw
- Served as an accompaniment alongside salmon or chicken
- Served on a cheese board
You can also check out this roundup from The Spruce of 30 recipes using honey mustard!
More Homemade Condiments
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard and honey until smooth.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Re-whisk before using.
Please read my full post for additional recipe notes, tips, and serving suggestions!
For immediate help troubleshooting a recipe, please email me using the form on my contact page. I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! For all general questions, please leave a comment here :)