Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Pasta is a simple, comforting meal that comes together in less than 20 minutes with only 5 ingredients. If you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner, look no further! This pasta recipe is bursting with flavor and cheesy goodness.
How did it get to be September already? I closed my eyes briefly to inhale everything I love about summer, and when I opened them up a moment later… autumn had arrived.
I’m confused, but here we are. All of the sweet back to school photos my friends and family keep posting on Facebook lay to rest any doubts in my mind. It’s time to put the beach chairs in the attic and switch gears.
I’m not going to lie; there’s a bit of anticipatory excitement. I miss my jeans, my Frye boots, and the smell of fresh apple pie straight out of the oven.
I realize it has been a bit quite around here, but I’ve been working on many side projects. My cookbook has finally been released! You can order it online at Amazon.
As I get back into the swing of things, I wanted to share a recipe that we’ve been enjoying nonstop lately. It’s so addicting and so incredibly easy! This cheesy spinach and artichoke pasta is pure bliss, and it’s great for weeknights where I need to throw together a last minute dinner.
We’ve all been there, right?
This recipe comes together in the time it takes to cook the pasta. If you’ve never worked with marinated artichoke hearts, they’re are a delicious, time-saving ingredient. On top of that, they pack a bold flavor punch. Try to purchase jarred artichoke hearts as opposed to their canned counterpart.
Also, try to find artichokes that are marinated in olive oil (cheaper versions might be jarred in canola or vegetable oil). Either version will work with this recipe, but when you’re using just a few ingredients, you’ll see the best results with the highest quality ingredients.
Looking for more pasta recipes?
Be sure to check out my Pesto Pasta with Chicken, Creamy Sausage and Mushroom Pasta, and Spaghetti with Parmesan, Pine Nuts and Brown Butter Sauce!
Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Pasta
- 1 pound linguine
- 3 cups baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups jarred marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped (reserve marinating liquid)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Optional: kosher salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add the linguine and cook until al dente, approximately 7-9 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water and set aside. Drain the linguine without rinsing.
- Immediately transfer pasta to a large bowl, and add 1 1/2 tablespoons reserved oil from the artichokes jar along with the spinach. Use tongs to toss the ingredients together, allowing the heat from the pasta to slightly wilt the spinach.
- Once the spinach has wilted, toss in the artichokes, mozzarella, parmesan, and black pepper. Add the reserved pasta water as needed to keep the linguine from becoming sticky as the cheese absorbs the moisture.
- Taste for seasoning; add additional oil from the artichokes jar if desired.
For help troubleshooting a recipe, please email [email protected] I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! This email address is only for recipe troubleshooting; Solicitations will be ignored.