Love ice cream but don’t have an ice cream maker? No problem! Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream is a healthy, vegan, sugar free dessert that can be prepared without an ice cream machine! It comes together in no time and it one of my favorite guilt-free desserts.
I can’t believe I’m about to write this but… it’s snowing outside right now. The end of March has arrived and the temperatures have finally been starting to improve.
I even wore my spring jacket for the past few days. Which is why when I looked out the window several hours ago my jaw just about fell on the ground as I saw the white stuff cascading down from the sky.
I can’t even remember what I was originally planning to write about. All I can say is… go home, snow. You’re drunk.
Thankfully I can close my eyes, enjoy this amazing frozen blender ice cream and pretend nothing is amiss outside. I am completely obsessed with this dessert and have made it many times recently. I always have all of these ingredients on hand and I’m guessing you might as well.
If you’ve never made blender ice cream before, you’re truly missing out. Bananas are the perfect base with their creamy, thick texture and natural sweetness.
- To amp up that sweetness, you can optionally caramelize them in coconut oil (unsalted butter will also work if you don’t have coconut oil in the pantry).
- Almond milk smoothes out the mixture just enough to create a soft serve consistency and peanut butter is included because we all know bananas and peanut butter are a match made in heaven. Other milks may be substituted; use what you have (but I recommend using something unsweetened since the bananas add plenty of sweetness on their own.
- Feel free to use whichever nut butter you prefer if there’s a peanut allergy in the house. Cashew butter is also amazing!
- I’m ridiculously spoiled with my Vitamix blender, which turns frozen bananas into ice cream in just a few seconds. Most blenders should be able to handle banana ice cream. However, if you have an older, slower blender (or no blender at all), a food processor would also work for this recipe.
If you’re craving more of a traditional ice cream recipe, might I suggest this cookies and mascarpone ice cream? It’s one of my new favorites (though you do need an ice cream machine), and it’s truly decadent.
Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
- 3 medium ripe bananas, halved and frozen
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (other milk may be substituted)
- Chop the frozen bananas and place in a blender with the peanut butter and almond milk.
- Puree until very smooth and serve!
For help troubleshooting a recipe, please email [email protected] I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! This email address is only for recipe troubleshooting; Solicitations will be ignored.