Brown butter vanilla bean blondies are rich, gooey, and completely decadent. If you’re looking for a vanilla blondie recipe that stands out from the rest, look no further! People request this recipe from me all the time!
This morning I was in the mood to make blondies. I pulled out my recipe for Chocolate Pretzel Peanut Butter Blondies and wondered how I might change it up.
I had no chocolate pretzels, peanut butter chips OR bittersweet chocolate in the house (sadness). But I wanted to work with what I had.
My pantry is overflowing; I shouldn’t be constantly running to the grocery store to jam it with additional baking ingredients.
I looked inside my overflowing pantry and immediately spied vanilla beans. Perfect.
I looked at the recipe and when I read “one stick of butter” my brain immediately went to brown butter. Done and done.
Did I want to add any other spices? Nope- keep it plain, simple and sweet. So there we have it: brown butter vanilla bean blondies.
They’re rich, gooey and decadent. I ate 2 straight out of the oven, savoring the rich, brown butter and sweet vanilla flavor and then immediately gave the rest away.
I could have eaten the entire batch without blinking an eye. That’s how good these are.
Brown Butter Vanilla Bean Blondies
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 5 ounces all-purpose flour (approximately 1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 pan.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter is completely melted, turn the heat up to medium high and whisk constantly for several minutes until the butter has browned (watch carefully during this process to make sure it does not burn). Allow to cool for several minutes.
- Use a paring knife to split the vanilla bean and scrape out the seeds.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the browned butter, egg, vanilla extract and brown sugar until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vanilla seeds, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until evenly combined. Pour into the greased pan, spreading the mixture evenly.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving.
Please read my full post for additional recipe notes, tips, and serving suggestions!
For immediate help troubleshooting a recipe, please email me using the form on my contact page. I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! For all general questions, please leave a comment here :)
Aysegul Sanford says
You’ve got me at brown butter girl! These blondies are the bomb! YUM!
Barbara Schieving says
I could stop eating these either.
SO SO good!