Try this Pumpkin Caramel Popcorn to celebrate the flavors of Thanksgiving and fall! It makes a great snack.
Love homemade popcorn? You need to try this recipe for pumpkin caramel popcorn! You can either use plain microwave popcorn as a quick and easy base, or you can pop it from scratch. This recipe is perfect for movie night at home, or a fun snack for guests at Thanksgiving! It comes together quickly and people will beg you for the recipe.
Pumpkin Caramel Popcorn
- 15 cups plain popped popcorn
- 6 ounces unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F, and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Set the popcorn in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat, bring the butter, sugar, molasses, corn syrup, pumpkin pie spice and salt to a boil. Stir briefly with a heatproof spatula, then continue boiling for three minutes without stirring.
- Remove from the heat and immediately pour over the popcorn. Stir until evenly combined.
- Spread the popcorn evenly onto the sheet pan, and then place in the oven. Cook for one hour, stirring every 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool briefly to set, and then break into pieces (or enjoy as clusters). Serve warm or at room temperature.
Please read my full post for additional recipe notes, tips, and serving suggestions!
For immediate help troubleshooting a recipe, please email me using the form on my contact page. I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! For all general questions, please leave a comment here :)
Maureen | Orgasmic Chef says
I’m not to be trusted around popcorn like this! It’s all wonderful.
The Squishy Monster says
This is so great…I’m going to have to remember these for the next movie night!
Whitney @ The Newlywed Chefs says
Ohh man you are a popcorn flavoring genius! Can’t wait to try!
I’m a popcorn enthusiast! I’m thrilled to have new recipes!