Are you wondering, perhaps, what you might do with pumpkin spiced dinner rolls? The certainly sound seasonal but how exactly do they fit into a meal? Let me offer you a few suggestions.
Pumpkin spiced dinner rolls are perfect as a side for your Thanksgiving dinner. Imagine dipping them into turkey gravy or scooping them into homemade stuffing. Want something more immediate? Enjoy them as Jeff and I did, sliced in half and used as buns for slow cooker pulled pork (which we served with a side of coleslaw). Or how about serving them with some homemade chili?
These rolls are perfect for any time of year if you love pumpkin as much as I do. I hope you enjoy them!
- 1/3 cup lukewarm water
- 1/2 ounce active dry yeast
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 17 ounces (4 cups) all purpose flour (plus more as needed)
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk the water and yeast together until bubbly and then allow it to sit for 1 minute. Add the butter, sugar, pumpkin puree and eggs and whisk until just combined.
- Attach the dough hook to the mixer. Stir the salt into the flour and then add them to the mixer on low speed.
- Allow the dough to mix for approximately 5 minutes on low speed. It will be sticky. If it's not coming together, add up to 4 more tablespoons of flour, adding 1-2 tablespoons at a time. You can also put a small amount of vegetable oil on your hands to keep the dough from sticking to them.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased large bowl and cover. Allow to double in size, approximately 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degreesF and lightly grease 2 8-inch cake pans. Divide the dough into 10 equal sized balls and place 5 in each cake pan. Allow the dough to rise for another 25-30 minutes.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until fully cooked through. Serve warm.
Tools I Used
More Pumpkin Recipes
Savory Simple – Sriracha Maple Pumpkin Seeds
Savory Simple – Pumpkin Bread Pudding
Savory Simple – Baked Pumpkin with Garlic Yogurt Sauce
Bakeaholic Mama – Pumpkin Hummus
Crumb – Pumpkin Cinnamon Buns
I Am Baker – Pumpkin Caramels and Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes