Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
These Pumpkin Dinner Rolls are perfect for fall meals. Try serving them with Thanksgiving dinner or a weeknight meal such as pulled pork!
Prep Time1 hr 40 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time2 hrs
Servings: 10 large rolls
- 1/3 cup lukewarm water
- 1/2 ounce active dry yeast
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 17 ounces all-purpose flour, plus more as needed (approximately 4 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk the water and yeast together until bubbly and then allow it to sit for 1 minute. Add the butter, sugar, pumpkin puree and eggs and whisk until just combined.
Attach the dough hook to the mixer. Stir the salt into the flour and then add them to the mixer on low speed.
Allow the dough to mix for approximately 5 minutes on low speed. It will be sticky. If it's not coming together, add up to 4 more tablespoons of flour, adding 1-2 tablespoons at a time. You can also put a small amount of vegetable oil on your hands to keep the dough from sticking to them.
Place the dough in a lightly greased large bowl and cover. Allow to double in size, approximately 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 350 degreesF and lightly grease 2 8-inch cake pans. Divide the dough into 10 equal sized balls and place 5 in each cake pan. Allow the dough to rise for another 25-30 minutes.
Bake for 20 minutes or until fully cooked through. Serve warm.
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
(yields more than needed for this recipe)
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 134mg | Potassium: 129mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4005IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 2.9mg