Think you know pecan pie? This fun spin on a classic Thanksgiving dessert kicks things up with chocolate and bourbon. Chocolate chip bourbon pecan pie is nothing less than pie heaven.
45 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 store-bought pie dough (or your favorite homemade recipe)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- Roll the pie dough into a shallow 8- or 9-inch pie dish, leaving an inch overhang. Fold the excess dough under itself and then crimp the edges in a decorative pattern of your choice. Use a fork to prick holes in the dough across the bottom of the pan and up the sides (this prevents air bubbles from forming). Allow the dough to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Combine the eggs, sugars, butter, maple syrup, vanilla, flour, pecans and chocolate chips in a bowl. Pour into the reserved pie dish.
- Place the pie dish onto a baking sheet and place the baking sheet in the oven. After 10 minutes, lower the temperature to 350 degrees F and allow the pie to bake for another 30 minutes.
- Immediately after the pie is removed from the oven, drizzle the two tablespoons of bourbon evenly over the top. It will sizzle and combine with the other ingredients.
- Allow the pie to set for at least 30 minutes before serving.