This chocolate chip cookies recipes is straight out of my culinary school, developed by professional chefs. It doesn’t get any better.
Phase I is almost over. I’m sad, nervous and excited all at once. I have so much love and respect for the chefs I’ve learned from these past three months… it’s a bittersweet transition. This weekend I’m studying for my midterm written and practical exams, which will take place next week. We’re also taking a field trip to a dairy farm. I know Phase II is going to be much more intense. Will there still be the same level of laughter and unity we’ve become accustomed to?
This is a bit of a rushed post, but I wanted to pass along an amazing cookie recipe while I hit the books (and the kitchen) in preparation for next week. Is there anyone out there who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies? These are far superior to anything you’ll buy at the grocery store. And they’re so simple! You probably already have most of the ingredients in your pantry. I daydream about these cookies. If you want the chocolate melting in your mouth with each bite, add chopped semi-sweet chocolate in addition to the chips. You’ll thank me later.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces granulated sugar
- 8 ounces brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 14 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- optional: semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and a quick brush of vegetable shortening or butter. Not too much or the cookies will be greasy.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In a mixing bowl with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add the yolks and the eggs on low speed. Then slowly add the flour and vanilla.
- Add the chocolate chips and a good handful of chopped chocolate.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to portion out the cookies. Chill 15 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 13 minutes.
Please read my full post for additional recipe notes, tips, and serving suggestions!
For immediate help troubleshooting a recipe, please email me using the form on my contact page. I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! For all general questions, please leave a comment here :)
We love the pictures and we love the blog. In fact, we love it so much that we have nominated you for an award, well-deserved.
A Bowl Of Mush says
Sounds like a seriously amazing cookie recipe!
will have to try it someday! :)
I’m a sucker for chocolate chip cookies..anything chocolate anyway :-) It looks so simple to make and can’t wait to try it. Thanks for the post!
Hola! I didn’t have all the ingredients, but made it with what I could (no shortening and no white sugar) and it came out delicious. Can’t wait to try making it the right way. I’m going to link to this recipe from my blog if that is OK. It’s pleasefeedme.wordpress.com.
That’s fine. I’m so glad you enjoyed them!
These look delicious! I’ve been looking for a good choc chip biscuit recipe. Thanks! :)
I love chocolate chip cookies. Love Love Love. These look like they wouldn’t disappoint!
Savory Simple says
These are the best chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever tasted. You must give them a try!
I only have medium sized eggs. Yours call for 2 eggs plus the yolk of 1 large egg. What do you advise me to do, I am craving chocolate chip cookies! many thanks.