This Turmeric Chai Latte recipe is a perfect drink for staying warm on a cold winter day! It features a unique blend of spices.
I hate being cold. Every year when the days grow shorter and the air turns cooler, I’m torn.
I love fall. I love apples and my brown leather Frye boots. Winter squash soup. I really love the first snow of the season. It’s so beautiful, as beautiful as colorful autumn leaves.
But I hate being cold.
After the joy of the holidays and that first beautiful snowstorm wears off, I’m left with nothing but cold. I sleep in sweatshirts at night and cower under blankets and wool socks during the day.
I dread washing my hair (but continue washing it to avoid dreads). I turn into a bit of a hermit, hibernating until the flowers begin to bloom once again.
Thank goodness for hot drinks. They warm my chilled bones and calm my shivers. I’ve never been much of a pumpkin spice latte gal (they’re too sweet for me) but I do like a bit of spice in my drink sometimes.
Chai is often found in teas but less frequently in coffee drinks. This turmeric chai latte is my new favorite way to enjoy espresso. A small sprinkle of yellow turmeric on top adds just the right note of spice and color for a beautiful, flavorful cold-weather drink.
Homemade Almond Milk
Want to make this chai latte recipe using almond milk? Learn how to make your own with my easy tutorial!
Turmeric Chai Latte
chai spice blend:
- 3 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
turmeric chai latte
- 1 shot fresh brewed espresso
- 1 cup milk (whole, low-fat, skim, nondairy, etc)
- 1/4 teaspoon chai spice blend
- turmeric to taste
- Combine the cardamom, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Set aside.
- Steam and froth the milk (or simply heat it if you do not have a frother or espresso machine).
- Whisk together the espresso, steamed milk, and 1/4 teaspoon of the chai spice mixture.
- Spoon a bit of the foam on top.
- Sprinkle with turmeric and serve.
Please read my full post for additional recipe notes, tips, and serving suggestions!
For help troubleshooting a recipe, please email email@example.com. I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! This email address is only for recipe troubleshooting; Solicitations will be ignored.