This Quinoa, Apple and Almond Salad with Honey Lemon Mint Vinaigrette makes a delicious, healthy lunch or side dish that the entire family will love.
Could I have possibly eaten more junk food over the holidays? I don’t think so. I’m guessing I’m not alone here, right? What can I say, the holidays are a time for splurging. We always visit Jeff’s family in Tucson, Arizona where the Mexican food in plentiful and my sister-in-law’s dinners are not to be missed.
This is mildly embarrassing since less than a month ago I was all “I’m on Weight Watchers, blah blah blah.” But you know what? Who cares, it’s fine. I had some fun and now it’s time to get back on track in the New Year. So here’s one of my absolute favorite quinoa recipes: Quinoa, Apple and Almond Salad with Honey Lemon Mint Vinaigrette. The granny smith apples are tart, the almonds add an earthy crunch, the honey provides just the right amount of sweet and the mint is, well, awesome. I know you’ll love this salad just as much as I do.
Quinoa, Apple and Almond Salad with Honey Lemon Mint Vinaigrette
- 3 cups quinoa, cooked
- ¼ cup scallions, sliced thin
- 1 granny smith apple, diced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup almonds, toasted, rough chopped
Honey lemon mint vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons honey,
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a small mixing bowl or blender, whisk together the honey, lemon juice, olive oil, mint, and warm water. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine cooked quinoa with apples, toasted almonds, scallions and dried cranberries.
- About 30 minutes before serving drizzle with ½ cup prepared vinaigrette and toss to combine. Serve cold or at room temperature.
For help troubleshooting a recipe, please email [email protected] I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! This email address is only for recipe troubleshooting; Solicitations will be ignored.