This Peanut Butter Nutella Mousse with Chocolate Cookie Crumble is incredibly easy to prepare and beyond delicious! It’s the perfect dessert!
Peanut Butter Nutella Mousse with Chocolate Cookie Crumble. That’s one heck of a dessert title, isn’t it?
This recipe sounds a bit fancy pants, but I promise it’s not. In fact, this is the kind of dessert I wish I’d had in front of me back in college when I was sitting around watching The Simpsons and listening to The Grateful Dead, if you know what I mean. It’s good eats.
This is not the kind of dessert that needs to have perfectly even layers or piped mousse. It’s what I like to call “rustic.” Seriously, it has peanut butter, chocolate and Nutella. And cookies. As far as I’m concerned, it’s already perfect.
Peanut Butter Nutella Mousse with Chocolate Cookie Crumble
For the cookie crumble
- 4 cups crunchy chocolate cookies, such as Milano
- 1 tablespoon Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the mousse
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- In a food processor, pulse the cookies several times until coarsely chopped. Add the cocoa powder and salt and pulse a few more times until combined. Add the melted butter and pulse several more times until the mixture is crumbly (don’t over-pulse or the mixture will turn into a paste). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the peanut butter and Nutella until smooth.
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip the cream and sugar to a stiff peak (this can also be done by hand in a separate bowl).
- Scoop 1/3 or 1/2 of the whipped cream into the peanut butter Nutella mixture and stir until evenly combined. Add the remaining whipped cream and gently fold in until just combined. If not using immediately, cover with plastic film and refrigerate.
- To serve, use small mason jars or wine glasses. Alternate between layers of cookie crumble and mousse (I used approximately 1/4 cup per layer).
Please read my full post for additional recipe notes, tips, and serving suggestions!
For help troubleshooting a recipe, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! This email address is only for recipe troubleshooting; Solicitations will be ignored.