This Cumin Marinated Grilled Flank Steak with Salsa is a delicious, healthy dinner for the entire family to enjoy! Disclaimer: I was paid to develop a recipe for Martinez Salsa. As always, all opinions are my own!
Flank steak has become one of my favorite cuts of meat. I love how inexpensive it is to work with and I love the way it just soaks up marinade flavors like a sponge.
This past summer I discovered that grilling really is the perfect way to prepare flank steak. Broiling works fine as well when the weather’s not so nice but it doesn’t capture the same level of smokiness.
This cumin marinated grilled flank steak is an easy dinner that celebrates those charred smokey flavors I love so very much.
I used Martinez Salsa as the inspiration for this recipe. Any regular salsa will work here but what I like about their medium salsa is that it has a strong cumin flavor and a nice level of heat.
I decided to use the salsa in both the marinade and as an accompaniment to the grilled flank steak. For the marinade I decided to stick with and enhance the flavor profile of the salsa itself, incorporating ingredients like cumin, lime juice and cilantro.
This Cumin Marinated Grilled Flank Steak with Salsa is a delicious, healthy dinner for the entire family to enjoy! This recipe serves 4 people.
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup salsa (I used Martinez Medium Salsa)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Juice of 1 lime (approximately 2 tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, fat trimmed
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- salsa (I used Martinez Medium Salsa)
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a liquid measuring cup. Place the flank steak in a resealable plastic bag and add the marinade, tossing to coat. Place the bag in the refrigerator and marinate for a minimum of 6 hours to overnight, turning the bag periodically.
- Remove the bag from the refrigerator and allow to steak to come to room temperature before grilling. When you’re ready to cook, preheat the grill to the highest temperature. Discard the marinade and pat the steak dry. Season both sides generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill the steak on high heat for approximately 3-4 minutes per side until it’s cooked to medium-rare. Allow the meat to rest for at least 10 minutes. Slice against the grain in to thin strips. Serve topped with salsa.
For immediate help troubleshooting a recipe, please email email@example.com. I’ll try to respond as quickly as possible! This email address is only for recipe troubleshooting; Solicitations sent to this email will be ignored.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Posts may contain affiliate links. I am a participant in the rewardStyle and Amazon affiliate programs, which help support Savory Simple by providing me with a small commission fee when you shop through my links, at no additional cost to you.