This cheesy broccoli bacon quiche is a perfect way to use up broccoli! There’s nothing quite like the combination of cheese, broccoli and bacon, and the flavors all shine in this quiche.
My recipe project is starting to wind down and I’m so relieved. Relieved and exhausted. I have been cooking for fun a bit more and have some great recipes lined up (hint: I’ve been on a homemade pasta kick).
In the meantime, I have just a few more guest posts for you to enjoy while I continue to get caught up on life. Please give a warm welcome to Joanne from Fifteen Spatulas! She’s brought us a fabulous cheesy broccoli bacon quiche.
Joanne and I are online friends who will soon be “real world” friends once we attend Eat Write Retreat in May. I can’t wait!
Hi friends! I’m Joanne from Fifteen Spatulas, and it’s my job today to tempt you with something delicious and show you how to make it. One dish everyone should know how to make is a simple quiche-style tart. The best part about a quiche or tart is that it’s a good way to use up leftovers in your fridge and turn it into something new and exciting.
I find my fridge often loaded with too many vegetables. You see, I go to the grocery store trying to be good and healthy by buying tons of fresh produce, but sometimes I end up with too much of something. This week for me it was too much broccoli, but by all means, you could make this tart with asparagus, tomatoes, zucchini, kale, and so on.
Use your leftover veggies in a tart and serve it with a little salad for a great lunch.
Start by crisping up 4 strips of bacon in a large skillet. Then saute chopped broccoli in the leftover bacon grease until the broccoli is tender but not mushy. It should take about 5-10 minutes.
Evenly sprinkle the cooked broccoli florets and crisped bacon in a blind baked tart shell.
Top the broccoli and bacon with about a cup of shredded colby jack or cheddar cheese.
Once your tart ingredients are piled on top of the crust, pour in a custard mixture made with milk, eggs, and cream, and it’s ready to bake! Here’s the recipe:
Looking for more Quiche Recipes?
Cheesy Broccoli Bacon Quiche
- 1 blind baked pie crust, either store bought or homemade (see notes)
- 4 strips center cut bacon
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup grated colby jack cheese
- 3/4 cup milk (whole, 2%, skim, etc)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/16 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat for about 10 minutes until crisp, then chop the bacon into pieces and reserve for later. Add the chopped broccoli to the pan and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute for 5-10 minutes until the broccoli is tender but not mushy.
- Evenly spread the cooked broccoli and bacon in your blind baked tart crust, and top it with the grated cheese.
- Make the custard by whisking together the milk, heavy cream, eggs, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp black pepper, and the nutmeg. Pour the custard into the tart shell, and bake the tart for 25-30 minutes. The tart is ready when you can no longer see liquid but the center of the tart jiggles slightly when moved. Cut the tart into pieces and serve!
Please read my full post for additional recipe notes, tips, and serving suggestions!
For help troubleshooting a recipe, please email email@example.com. I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! This email address is only for recipe troubleshooting; Solicitations will be ignored.