These baked jalapeno poppers are perfect for parties, football games or just as an everyday snack! They’re baked, not fried.
You guys, I cannot remember the last time I struggled so much to get a photo. Getting this shot was absolute torture. Not because of lighting or settings or misbehaving props. No, what happened here was much more sinister. I TASTED one of these gorgeous, ooey gooey baked jalapeno poppers before setting up the photo. I had to make sure they were good, right? Well they were so good that I couldn’t focus on getting the shot. I stared at these mascarpone and chive-filled poppers as the smell of freshly baked cheese wafted through the air, as they beckoned me with their seductive straight-from-the oven heat. “EAT ME,” they said “before we cool off and our cheddar no longer oozes and our pepper oils no longer tickle your tongue with fire.”
“FINE,” I snapped. “I will.”
Cheesy Baked Jalapeno Poppers
- 10 jalapenos
- 3 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2.5 ounces mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon chives, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons half & half, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using plastic gloves (if possible), slice the jalapenos open lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Set aside.
- By hand or in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, evenly combine the mascarpone, cheddar cheese, chives and 1 tablespoon of half and half.
- Stuff the mixture into each jalapeno half.
- Whisk together the egg, 2 tablespoons half and half, salt, paprika and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Place the flour and panko in separate bowls and line them up with the egg mixture to create a breading station.
- Dip a jalapeno in the flour and tap it to remove the excess. Next, dip it in the egg mixture and then finish with the panko. Scoop extra panko on top and gently press it in place.
- Place the jalapeno on the prepared baking sheet and repeat the process with the rest of the jalapenos.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot.
For help troubleshooting a recipe, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! This email address is only for recipe troubleshooting; Solicitations will be ignored.
More Snack Recipes
Affiliate Disclaimer: Posts may contain affiliate links. I am a participant in the rewardStyle and Amazon affiliate programs, which help support Savory Simple by providing me with a small commission fee when you shop through my links, at no additional cost to you.