This cheddar dill beer bread is incredibly easy to make and can be prepared in under an hour! No kneading or yeast required.
This recipe was inspired by the ingredients in my refrigerator. These are often my favorite recipes because I really hate being wasteful. I had a ton of leftover dill from another recipe and had no idea what to do with it. Then I saw the single beer leftover from my husband’s stash (sorry, honey!) Once I saw the shredded cheese everything came together in my head and now here we are. Cheddar dill beer bread.
Believe it or not this is the first time I’ve made beer bread from scratch. I made it from a mix years ago. Open the box, pour in the beer. Stir. Bake. Boom, bread.
This is basically just as easy but it has a few more ingredients. But there’s no yeast, no kneading, no rising, no nothing. Mix, pour, bake. And then voila, you have bread! I recommend using a milder pilsner beer with this bread recipe to keep the flavor from overpowering the cheddar and dill.
Cheddar Dill Beer Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 12-ounce bottle beer, such as a pilsner
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan (I use baking spray with flour).
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, dill, salt and cheddar cheese.
- Add the beer to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Drizzle the melted butter evenly over the top of the batter and bake until golden brown on top, about 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 15 minutes before slicing.
For help troubleshooting a recipe, please email email@example.com. I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! This email address is only for recipe troubleshooting; Solicitations will be ignored.
More Bread Recipes
Savory Simple – Pumpkin Challah Bread
Savory Simple – Buttery Sourdough Buns
Savory Simple – Pumpkin Bagels
Willow Bird Baking – Buttery Coconut Almond Pull-Apart Bread
Namely Marly – Savory Zucchini Bread
Ambitious Kitchen – White Chocolate, Macadamia Nut, & Coconut Banana Bread
Affiliate Disclaimer: Posts may contain affiliate links. I am a participant in the rewardStyle and Amazon affiliate programs, which help support Savory Simple by providing me with a small commission fee when you shop through my links, at no additional cost to you.