This fresh basil apple lime juice is very refreshing and full of health benefits. The tartness of the lime balances the sweetness of the apples.
I don’t know about you, but I’m still feeling really stuffed from the holidays. Getting back into my work and exercise routine has been slow moving, to say the least. At times it has been downright painful. Since returning home I’ve been watching my processed sugar and gluten intake to try and detox from all of the heavy food I consumed for 11 days straight. I’ve also dusted off my juicer. A glass of fresh juice can do wonders when I’m feeling rough around the edges.
This basil apple lime juice is very refreshing and full of health benefits. Basil contains antioxidants, can improve digestion and aid in stress relief. Lime juice is a great source of Vitamin C. Apples are believed to have cancer fighting properties. I feel almost like new after enjoying a glass!
Basil Apple Lime Juice
- 2.5 ounces fresh basil, both leaves and stems
- 1/2 lime, peeled (you can leave the peel on if using organic limes)
- 2 sweet apples such as Gala, cored
- Wash all of your produce.
- Quarter the apples so the pieces will fit through in your juicer.
- Wrap pieces of the basil around the fruit and juice everything into a glass.
- Serve immediately!
Please read my full post for additional recipe notes, tips, and serving suggestions!
For help troubleshooting a recipe, please email email@example.com. I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! This email address is only for recipe troubleshooting; Solicitations will be ignored.