Banana Millet Breakfast Porridge is like healthy banana bread in a bowl! It’s an easy, gluten-free breakfast that the whole family will love.
The first chapter of my book is complete! When I first began the process I swore to myself that I’d still keep up with 2-3 blog posts per week but as you may have noticed, I have not been keeping that promise to myself. It just hasn’t been realistic. Writing a book has been so much more work than I thought it would be.
As with the blog, it’s the writing I’m really struggling with right now. The introductions. I’m just not that good at inserting my personality into little paragraphs about frittatas and cake. It always feels very forced to me. The recipes and the photos are looking pretty great, if I’m allowed to toot my own horn. I just need to figure out this next piece of the puzzle.
And while I’m doing so, please enjoy this banana millet breakfast porridge. It’s kind of like a healthy, gluten-free banana bread in a bowl.
Banana Millet Breakfast Porridge
- 1/2 cup millet (other grains may be substituted, see notes)
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (see notes)
- 1/2 cup milk (whole milk, 2%, non-dairy, etc)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, or more to taste
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnuts, chopped
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in medium saucepan. Add the millet and salt. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook for 35 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the millet is soft.
- Stir in the milk, ground cinnamon and maple syrup, adjusting the seasonings to taste.
- Divide into serving bowls. Top each bowl with sliced bananas, walnuts and, if desired, a bit more cinnamon and maple syrup.
Please read my full post for additional recipe notes, tips, and serving suggestions!
For help troubleshooting a recipe, please email email@example.com. I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! This email address is only for recipe troubleshooting; Solicitations will be ignored.