A few weeks ago I shared details about my trip to New York City to tour some amazing test kitchens. It was an exciting day where I got to meet many industry experts and get a behind the scenes look at some of my favorite websites. I also got to spend time in one of my favorite cities, which is always a bonus. While visiting Bon Appetit headquarters we were treated to some simple yet flavorful treats, including these horseradish deviled eggs.
These are a really wonderful appetizer for summer parties. I always like serving deviled eggs because they’re fast to make, can be served at room temperature and are relatively healthy compared to many party appetizers. To prepare these in advance simply hold off on adding and broiling the breadcrumbs until right before your guests arrive. These will be a guaranteed hit!
15 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 12 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (I used reduced fat)
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons Italian style breadcrumbs
- To hard boil the eggs: bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Gently add the eggs and cook them for exactly 12 minutes, then place them directly into an ice bath until cool. Peel the eggs and slice them in half using a sharp knife. Scoop the egg yolks into a bowl.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Mash together the egg yolks, mayonnaise, horseradish, vinegar, mustard, garlic powder and cayenne. Season with salt to taste.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly over the eggs and place them under the broiler. Toast the breadcrumbs, watching carefully to make sure they don't burn. This will take 2-3 minutes.
Slightly adapted from Bon Appetit
More Egg Recipes
Savory Simple – Perfect Soft-Boiled Eggs
Savory Simple – Baked Eggs and Chorizo
Savory Simple – Baked Eggnog Doughnuts with Eggnog Rum Glaze
Grubarazzi – Quick Sweet Potato Hash with Eggs
The Little Kitchen – Lemongrass Beef Banh Mi with Fried Egg on Top
Recipe Girl – Creamy Scrambled Eggs