Hello from Germany! I prepared and photographed this easy summer dessert just before leaving the United States for our summer vacation. We’ve been having an amazing time abroad. Germany is absolutely gorgeous and I feel so lucky to be visiting (and staying with very generous friends).
I assumed I would use this post to share photos and stories from abroad, but honestly I’m kind of exhausted. It has been non-stop adventure since we arrived and today is our first chance to rest. We’ve been leaving at 8am and often not returning to the flat until 10-11pm. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. I am enamored with the historic villages, cobblestone streets and old castles. More castles than I could have ever imagined. Each town is more beautiful than the next. Tomorrow we’re hopping on a train to Berlin. After that we’ll be headed to Prague.
I will return home in a couple weeks but for now I leave you with a simple summer dessert. With only 4 ingredients, this goat cheese mousse is surprisingly light and delicate. Feel free to swap out the blueberries with your favorite summer fruit.
5 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
17 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, cold
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 2-3 cups blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the goat cheese in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream and sugar to a stiff peak (this can also be done by hand.)
- Spoon half of the whipped cream into the bowl with the goat cheese and vigorously whisk until smooth. Add the remaining whipped cream and gently fold to combine. Cover and chill in the refrigerator.
- Place the blueberries on the prepared baking sheet and roast in 4 minute intervals, shaking the pan at each interval to ensure that the berries roast evenly. They should be nice and roasted after 12-16 minutes.
- Spoon the mousse into small bowls and top with the roasted blueberries.
For best results, serve the mousse within 2-3 hours.