This cranberry margarita is a fast and easy Christmas cocktail that everyone will enjoy!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 2 -3 servings
- 1/4 cup kosher salt (optional; for rimming the glass)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (optional; for rimming the glass)
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberries (see notes)
- 4 ounces good quality tequila, such Casa Noble
- 4 ounces good quality orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 6 ounces cranberry juice cocktail (see notes)
- 1 1/2-2 ounces fresh squeezed lime juice, plus lime wedges for garnish
Combine the salt and sugar in a small bowl. Spread in a thin, even layer on a small plate. Run a lime wedge around the rim of each serving glass and dip in the sugar salt mix. Fill each glass with ice and top with the cranberries.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice (or a liquid measuring cup), combine the tequila, orange liqueur, cranberry juice cocktail, and lime juice. Shake (or stir) to combine.
Pour into the prepared glasses. Garnish with lime wedges and serve.
You can purchase fresh cranberries and freeze them ahead of time, or buy them already frozen. Always use fresh squeezed lime juice as opposed to bottled. Don’t try substituting 100% cranberry juice; it will be too sour. Not everyone wants to splurge on higher end liquors like Casa Noble, but it’s worth noting that they yield much smoother results.
Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 46mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin C: 45.7mg