Gnocchi with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Pancetta and Roquefort Cheese
This Gnocchi with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Pancetta and Roquefort Cheese is so incredibly savory and flavorful you won't be able to put down the fork!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pancetta, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock, homemade or low-sodium
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped (I used DeLallo Sun-Dried Tomatoes)
- 1 pound gnocchi (I used DeLallo Potato Gnocchi)
- 1/2 cup roquefort cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium low and add the pancetta. Allow the pancetta to cook, stirring periodically, until caramelized. Add the garlic and allow to cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Whisk in the chicken stock and heavy cream, followed by the sun-dried tomatoes. Allow the sauce to reduce until thickened. 5-10 minutes.
While the sauce is reducing, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the gnocchi according to package instructions.
Stir the Roquefort cheese into the sauce and remove from the heat once it is well blended. Toss the sauce with the gnocchi. Top with basil and pine nuts before serving.
Calories: 313kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 426mg | Potassium: 227mg | Fiber: 2g | Vitamin A: 590IU | Vitamin C: 10.1mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 3.4mg