Easy Greek Salad
This Greek Salad recipe comes together quickly and is bursting with fresh, bright flavors and beautiful colors. Serve this as a side salad or double it up and add protein for a complete meal!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 2 side salads (or 1 entree salad)
For the greek salad vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
For the greek salad:
- 1 cup baby arugula (baby spinach also works)
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced (approximately 1/2 medium)
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons scallions, sliced (chopped red onion or shallot may be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup good quality feta cheese, cubed (or to taste)
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil (use the full 2 tablespoons for less acidity).
In a medium bowl, combine the arugula, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, scallions, mint, and oregano. Use kitchen tongs or two large forks to gently combine the ingredients. Briefly re-whisk the dressing ingredients, then add half to the salad. Taste the greens; add the remaining dressing if desired.
Divide the salad between two small plates, then top each with feta cheese.
For flavor that really pops, I like using olives from the salad bar and feta sold in brine. The olives might be a mix of black and green, which is totally fine!
Red onions are more traditional in this type of salad, but scallions offer a subtle onion flavor that is less overpowering.
I prefer adding the feta at the end so the pieces stay in tact. You can toss it with the other ingredients, but it might fall apart slightly. It will still taste great.
Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 477mg | Potassium: 170mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 695IU | Vitamin C: 10.6mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 0.4mg