This is fantastic served with tortilla chips, but it’s also wonderful as a topping for fish and chicken!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
- 2 cups diced mango (approximately 1 large)
- 1 cup diced red onion (approximately 1/2 medium)
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño or serrano pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Optional: tortilla chips for serving
In a large bowl, combine the mango, red onion, cucumber, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper.
Adjust seasonings to taste if desired.
Serve with tortilla chips, or as an accompaniment over fish or chicken.
Salsa will keep in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 1 week, though it tastes best within 3-4 days.
Calories: 38kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Sodium: 389mg | Potassium: 129mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 690IU | Vitamin C: 23.8mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.2mg