A healthy alternative to store bought recipes, this muesli is inexpensive and easy to make.
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 3 servings
- 1 1/3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (use gluten-free rolled oats for a gluten-free meal)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts of your choice, preferably toasted (I prefer slivered almonds, pecans or cashews)
- 1/4 cup dried fruit of your choice (raisins, dried cherries, dried cranberries, dates, etc)
- 2 tablespoons flax or shelled sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a medium sized bowl, combine the oats, nuts, fruit, seeds, and cinnamon.
To serve: enjoy it "raw" with milk or yogurt, allow it to soak in liquid overnight for a softer texture, or cook it on the stovetop with milk (or water) for an oatmeal texture.
Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.
Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 301mg | Fiber: 5g | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2.3mg