Spicy Maple Corn Fritters
A recipe for sweet and spicy corn fritters, inspired by the local farmer's market.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn
- A neutral high heat oil such as vegetable or canola
- Powdered sugar for garnish
Whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cayenne pepper.
Whisk in the eggs, milk, and maple syrup.
Fold in the corn.
Heat the oil to 365 degrees F in a deep fryer or large pot.
Gently drop in small spoonfuls of the batter and allow to cook on each side until golden brown.
Allow to drain on paper towels.
Serve immediately. Sift powdered sugar on top before serving.