Basil Peppercorn Vinaigrette
This basil peppercorn vinaigrette is the perfect way to welcome Spring!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 12 1 tablespoon servings
- 1 ounce fresh basil (approximately 3/4 cup when chopped finely)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Bring a medium sized pot of water to a boil. Fill a medium sized bowl with ice water.
Add basil to the boiling water, making sure to push it down so that it blanches evenly. After 15 seconds, scoop out the wilted basil and add it to the ice water to halt the cooking process. Once cold, user paper towels to try to squeeze out as much water as possible.
Place the basil, olive oil, vinegars, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper into a blender and puree on high speed until smooth.
Calories: 81kcal | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 49mg | Potassium: 6mg | Vitamin A: 2.5% | Vitamin C: 0.8% | Calcium: 0.4% | Iron: 0.7%