Butternut Squash Cranberry Sorghum Salad
This butternut squash cranberry sorghum salad is a seasonal, healthy lunch or side dish. Pecans and pumpkin seeds add crunch while dates add sweetness.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 6 servings (approximately)
- 1 1/2 cups butternut squash, diced small
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, more for roasting
- 2 1/2 cups cooked sorghum
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 4 medjool dates, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- optional: crumbled goat cheese to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Toss the butternut squash in a small drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of salt. Roast for 10-15 minutes, stirring once, or until soft but not mushy (the length of time will depend on how small the dice is).
Allow the squash to cool for several minutes and then gently toss together in a large bowl with olive oil, sorghum, dried cranberries, pecans, dates, pumpkin seeds and salt.
If using, sprinkle goat cheese on top of each serving.
Calories: 395kcal | Carbohydrates: 82g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 558mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 3745IU | Vitamin C: 7.3mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 4.3mg