Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
Is it breakfast or dessert? You'd never know that this Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie is actually good for you!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 1 smoothie
- 1 medium banana, chopped and preferably frozen
- 1 cup milk (skim, low-fat, non-dairy, etc)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (cashew or almond butter, or peanut butter powder may be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon honey or light agave nectar (see notes)
- Optional: 1-2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (see notes)
Puree the banana, milk, cocoa powder, peanut butter, and honey in a blender. Taste and add more sweetener if desired.
To cut down on the calories and fat, I prefer using peanut butter powder in this recipe. The nutritional info in this recipe references regular peanut butter.
For added protein, I almost always add Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides. Please not that this is not a vegetarian protein powder, but is completely flavorless.
If you want to add additional sweetness without using honey or agave nectar, you can add 1/2 a chopped apple (I don't bother peeling it, but you might want to since the peel adds some texture). Another option would be a few drops of liquid Stevia.
Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 289mg | Potassium: 1232mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 1250IU | Vitamin C: 15.4mg | Calcium: 439mg | Iron: 4mg