Farro Salad with Cremini Mushrooms, Walnuts and Feta
This Farro Salad with Cremini Mushrooms, Walnuts and Feta is a satisfying vegetarian lunch or side dish.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 servings (approximately)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups cremini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups cooked farro
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon roasted walnut oil (extra virgin olive oil may be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- good quality feta cheese to taste
In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium low. Add the mushrooms along with a pinch of salt and cook until their water has released and the mushrooms are slightly darker, soft, and fragrant, approximately 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
In a large bowl, toss together the mushrooms, farro, walnuts, walnut oil, lemon juice and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Top each serving with feta.
Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 296mg | Potassium: 335mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1.8mg