Mixed Greens Salad with Feta, Blood Oranges, Mint and Pistachios
This Mixed Greens Salad with Feta, Blood Oranges, Mint & Pistachios has a perfect balance of flavors, textures & colors!
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
For the vinaigrette:
- juice from 1/2 blood orange (navel orange may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
For the salad:
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 blood oranges, segmented (navel oranges may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup salted roasted pistachios
- 4 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped or torn
In a blender or jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the orange juice, olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Puree or shake to combine.
In a large bowl, toss together the arugula, spinach, orange segments, feta, pistachios, and mint.
Drizzle the salad with some of the vinaigrette and gently toss to combine, taking care not to break up the feta. Taste and add more dressing if desired. Divide among four plates and serve. Extra dressing can be stored in the refrigerator.
You can adjust the salad ingredients to taste.
If the honey is a thicker variety, warm it in a small dish in the microwave for a few seconds before adding it to the vinaigrette to prevent clumping.
Calories: 406kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 523mg | Potassium: 361mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2625IU | Vitamin C: 12.9mg | Calcium: 157mg | Iron: 1.7mg