White peach ice cream captures the taste of summer in a bowl!
This recipe succeeds or fails depending on the quality and ripeness of the peaches. You want them to be very sweet and extremely ripe. Otherwise the flavor will be lost and the texture will be grainy. You’ll find the best quality peaches at your local farmer’s market. When everything comes together properly, this is a dessert that tastes like summer.
White Peach Ice Cream
Ice cream base:
- 6 large egg yolks
- 5 ounces sugar
- vanilla extract (just a splash)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Additional Ingredients:
- 8 very ripe white peaches
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Add cream, milk and a splash of vanilla to a saucepan on medium heat. Bring the liquid to a gentle simmer.
- While the cream is warming up, whisk egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl. Make sure they're well combined.
- When the cream is just starting to simmer, slowly temper it into the yolks while whisking.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and turn the heat down to medium low. Stir in a figure 8 motion with a wood spoon for several minutes until the mixture coats the back of the spoon. Remove from the heat. Continue to stir over an ice bath until cool.
- Move the mixture to the refrigerator.
- Next, you need to remove the skin from the peaches. You can either do this by blanching them or peeling them carefully with a paring knife (I prefer peeling them).
- After the skin is removed, halve and core the peaches. Remove any tough inner flesh from around the core with a spoon and then puree the peaches in a food processor until smooth.
- Combine the peach puree with the ice cream base and then make the ice cream according to the manufacturers instructions.
Please read my full post for additional recipe notes, tips, and serving suggestions!
For help troubleshooting a recipe, please email [email protected] I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! This email address is only for recipe troubleshooting; Solicitations will be ignored.