These corn dog mini muffins are perfect for Super Bowl Sunday!
Ok, who’s ready for the Super Bowl? I’m not gonna lie… I’m not really a big football fan. However, I am thrilled that The Ravens will be playing! I lived in Baltimore for 10 years and it will always be my home in some ways. The city takes a lot of flack from the media but it truly is a great, quirky town with a lot going for it. Mr. Savory is a huge Ravens fan and I will be watching the game with him, cheering for purple all the way. We’re going to a party and I will be bringing these scrumptious corn dog mini muffins from my dear friend, Chung-Ah. She writes the fantastic, mouth-watering blog Damn Delicious. Might I take a moment to tell you all how wonderful this gal is? We met in person late last year and instantly clicked. She’s my favorite gossip buddy and she always makes me laugh. She’s a West Coast girl and I’m an East Coast girl but thanks to the internet it’s like we’re constantly chatting away in the same room. Please go visit her blog and say hello!
Hi everyone! It’s Chung-Ah over at Damn Delicious. I have the honor of guest posting for Jen as she has her hands full with a culinary project of her own. I am thrilled to help her out as Jen has become a dear friend of mine over the last year. We virtually met through our blogs and had plenty of conversations on Twitter but I finally met her in person in late November for Mixed. She is the sweetest person I have ever met, and I am so glad that we’ve become such good friends through our blogs.
Now onto the food.
I thought hard about what I should make for you guys. I tried to go along with the theme of her blog; savory, simple foods. So with much brainstorming, I decided to make these corn dog mini muffins in preparation of Super Bowl Sunday. These babies are incredibly easy to make and are the perfect-type of finger food for your next football party. They go so well on their own or even with a dollop of ketchup. Either way, I guarantee you that your guests will be asking for more and more!
Corn Dog Mini Muffins
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 6 beef franks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ketchup, for serving
- mustard, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a 24-cup mini muffin tin with nonstick spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda and salt. In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, sugar, butter and egg. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon batter into each cup and place 1 hot dog piece into the center.
- Place into oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve immediately with ketchup and/or mustard.
For help troubleshooting a recipe, please email email@example.com. I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! This email address is only for recipe troubleshooting; Solicitations will be ignored.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Posts may contain affiliate links. I am a participant in the rewardStyle and Amazon affiliate programs, which help support Savory Simple by providing me with a small commission fee when you shop through my links, at no additional cost to you.