I was inspired to make these cookies after visiting my favorite dessert spot in Baltimore, Pitango Gelato. I always get their pistachio flavor, and when I saw they were offering cardamom gelato, I got one scoop of each. The flavors paired wonderfully together. And these cookies are equally fabulous. The cookie is soft and chewy. The pistachio and cardamom flavors shine.
Pistachio Cardamom Cookies
- 8 ounces butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces sugar
- 8 ounces brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pistachio nut paste
- 9 ounces pistachio flour
- 9 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 2 large eggs + 1 yolk
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Whisk/sift the dry ingredients together.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the eggs and yolk, one at a time, scraping down the sides periodically.
- Add the pistachio paste and a splash of vanilla.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients until combined.
- Use a small scoop to portion out the cookies.
- Chill for 15 minutes (don’t skip this step!)
- Bake at 350 for 13 minutes.
Please read my full post for additional recipe notes, tips, and serving suggestions!
For help troubleshooting a recipe, please email [email protected] I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! This email address is only for recipe troubleshooting; Solicitations will be ignored.