This grilled avocado and peach salsa is a perfect summer party appetizer!
Avocados are without a doubt my favorite food. I use them everywhere- salads, desserts, smoothies, soups, dips… you name it.
With 4th of July holiday parties coming up, why not add a dish to the menu that’s both flavorful and healthy? This grilled avocado and peach salsa is perfect for celebrating Independence Day (or any day).
Can you make this recipe without grilling the ingredients? Sure, but if you’ve never grilled an avocado before I highly recommend it. It’s easy to do and grilling adds a wonderful smokey, charred flavor to the salsa.
- For best results, use avocados and peaches that are ripe but not mushy. You want them to still have enough sturdiness to be able to handle the heat of the grill and subsequent dicing.
- If you want to peel the peaches, do it immediately after removing them from the grill while still hot. For some additional texture, leave the skins in place but don’t chop the peaches until they’ve cooled off.
Looking For More Peach Recipes?
Grilled Avocado and Peach Salsa
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 ripe peaches
- 1 tablespoon regular olive oil (or other high heat oil for grilling, such as vegetable oil)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/4 cup shallots, finely chopped (red onions may be substituted)
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapenos, deseeded and finely diced
- 1/4- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat your grill on medium high heat for 10-15 minutes.
- While the grill is heating, slice the avocados and peaches in half lengthwise and remove the pits. Brush a mixture of 1 tablespoon olive oil + 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice on the flat sides of each half. Make sure they're coated generously to avoid sticking to the grill.
- Once the grill is hot, add the avocado and peach halves, cut side down, and close the lid. Grill for 4 minutes. Use grill tongs to carefully remove the peach and avocado halves to a plate.
- While the peaches are still hot they can be easily peeled. If you prefer to leave the skins on, allow them to cool before dicing. Use a large spoon to scoop the avocado flesh away from the peel.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining lime juice, shallots, garlic, and jalapenos. Dice the avocados and peaches into small pieces and fold into the salsa.
For help troubleshooting a recipe, please email email@example.com. I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! This email address is only for recipe troubleshooting; Solicitations will be ignored.
For immediate help troubleshooting a recipe, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! This email address is only for recipe troubleshooting; Solicitations sent to this email will be ignored.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Posts may contain affiliate links. I am a participant in the rewardStyle and Amazon affiliate programs, which help support Savory Simple by providing me with a small commission fee when you shop through my links, at no additional cost to you.