A healthy, raw, vegan snack that tastes great and will leave you feeling energized.
This may be the easiest recipe I’ve ever shared on Savory Simple. But truthfully, I think the simplicity of these bites is what makes me love them so much. They’re fast, healthy, and are perfect for killing a late night sugar craving. There are only 3 ingredients- medjool dates, pistachios and pecans. That’s it! This recipe is a blank template open to your interpretation. You can try it as is, or use any combination of dried fruits and nuts in your pantry. Feel free to add spices such as cinnamon or cardamom. You can roll them in coconut flakes if you like (which will make them more visually appealing, but I’m not a fan of the texture). Enjoy!
Fruit and Nut Bites
- 2/3 cups pistachios, shelled
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- These bites are healthier if the nuts are raw but taste slightly better if the nuts are toasted. To toast, heat the oven to 350 degrees and spread the pistachios and pecans out on a baking sheet. Toast them in the oven until they smell fragrant, 3-6 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Place the nuts and pitted dates in a food processor. Pulse until all the ingredients are chopped finely.
- With clean hands, press 2 tablespoons of the mixture together and then roll it into a ball. Repeat until the mixture is used up.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for several weeks.
Please read my full post for additional recipe notes, tips, and serving suggestions!
For help troubleshooting a recipe, please email [email protected] I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! This email address is only for recipe troubleshooting; Solicitations will be ignored.