Delicious, homemade eggnog pancakes are the perfect fall/winter breakfast treat! Use quality eggnog for best results.
I’m not usually a big fan of pancakes but wow these are good. The eggnog fits wonderfully in place of buttermilk and adds a richness and depth of flavor you won’t normally find in a standard pancake recipe. They’re light, fluffy, and taste wonderful drizzled with maple syrup and a dusting of powdered sugar. Can you think of anything more perfect for a cozy holiday morning with family? I know you will love these eggnog pancakes as much as I do.
For best results I recommend using a high quality eggnog such as Organic Valley or Southern Comfort.
- 2 cups 10 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups high quality eggnog, such as Organic Valley or Southern Comfort
- 2 large eggs
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl. Don't over-mix the batter; there should be lumps.
- Heat a griddle pan to medium high. Lightly grease the pan with butter or vegetable oil.
- Ladle the batter onto the griddle. I like using a batter dispenser keep the pancakes even and round.
- Flip the pancakes when they begin to bubble on top and the edges have dried a bit. Cook for an additional minute.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings.
Please read my full post for additional recipe notes, tips, and serving suggestions!
For help troubleshooting a recipe, please email [email protected] I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! This email address is only for recipe troubleshooting; Solicitations will be ignored.