These crepes are heavenly and simple. They’re great for entertaining because you can prepare the crepes and zest well in advance and then cook everything together at the last second with an audience!
- 2 cups flour
- pinch of salt
- 4-5 large eggs
- 1.5-2 cups milk
- clarified butter
- orange zest
- simple syrup (equal parts water and sugar, simmered until dissolved)
- Triple sec or Grand Marnier
- 1 lemon
- 2 oranges
- garnish: orange supremes
- Blanch orange zest in water and then cook in simple syrup.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, a pinch of salt and 3 eggs.
- Add milk and continue whisking.
- Brown some clarified butter, add 1 T or so to batter.
- Add more eggs and milk as needed until crepe batter is a thin, smooth consistency.
- Make crepes, sprinkling sugar on each as they're finished to keep from sticking together. Set aside.
- Combine the juices of 1 lemon and 2 oranges in a bowl.
- Melt whole butter in pan. When its melted and bubbly, add sugar and make a light caramel.
- Deglaze the pan with citrus juice. Thicken and reduce the sauce over the heat.
- Add zest with simple syrup.
- Add several crepes, folded into quarters.
- Flip when they're well coated with syrup.
- Add some liquor to the pan, flambe with a long lighter or cook out.
- Serve with orange supremes!
For help troubleshooting a recipe, please email [email protected] I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! This email address is only for recipe troubleshooting; Solicitations will be ignored.