We’ve set the date for apple picking! October 6th at Larriland Farms and it can’t get here fast enough. In the meantime, this was a rather uneventful week. I signed up for my fall detox in a few weeks and although I’m excited for it (and seriously need it), I’m not looking forward to weaning off coffee again. I managed to quit coffee for about 6 months at the end of last year and while I liked having more energy throughout the day, I just love the damn stuff too much. Coffee, I just can’t quit you. You complete me. Etc.
I have some really fun posts coming up this week on the blog! Two mouth-watering recipes that I’m very excited to share as well as another fun giveaway.
On to the roundup…
My Favorite Instagram Photos:
(I’m beginning to wonder if I should just call this cat photos of the week)
When purchasing weight control food for Sofi, I decided
it was important to pick a package where the cat seemed happy.
Does she look happy? I feel like she’s trying to tell me something.
A sneak peek at tomorrow’s recipe!
On Savory Simple:
These nuts are perfect for fall parties or lazy fall evenings on the patio with a glass of wine!
A healthy snack that’s surprisingly easy to make! A perfect treat for the kids (and us big kids)
A hearty pasta with heat to warm you up on a crisp autumn day
My favorite posts from other bloggers this week:
- Averie Cooks – Peanut Butter and Jelly Blondies
- Mother Thyme – Pumpkin Risotto
- Baked By Rachel – Apple Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
- Bake Your Day – Sriracha Cheddar Biscuits
- Reluctant Entertainer - Fresh Peaches with Crème Fraîche
- Joy the Baker – Chewy Cat Treats
- Just One Cookbook – Kale Soup
- Shugary Sweets – Chubby Hubby Cookie Bars
- This is my dream house (though I’d relocate it to DC)
- The longer I’m away from Japan, the more determined I am to get back there ASAP
- Will someone please buy me this camera bag from JoTotes?
- While you’re at it, how about these measuring cups from Anthropologie?
- Flawless fall fashion
- I would like a giant heaping pile of these apple cider caramels. I may have to make them.
- Great article: How to Shop Smart at Your Local Farmer’s Market
Have a lovely weekend!Don't miss future updates from Savory Simple! Subscribe to new recipes by email. You can also follow me via RSS, Facebook and Twitter.