I am wiped out so this will probably be brief. I spent the day apple picking at Larriland Farms and it was wonderful as always. Llamas, goats, hay rides, a corn maze… one of my favorite days of the year! This is the first time I didn’t bring home 20 pounds of apples. I only got one bag! I did, however, get a ridiculous amount of beets, rainbow chard and spinach. What can I say, I love my greens! I’ve been detoxing since Monday so it’s been an odd week. Most of my time was spent in a hazy fog, trying to work while fending off headaches. But yesterday I turned a corner and now I feel amazing! I’m looking forward to spending Sunday and next week catching up on life. There’s so much to do!
I’d like to give a quick shout out to some of my newest sponsors. Please go visit their websites and say hello!
My Favorite Instagram Photos:
So… this happened. Our party yacht had fake trees, need I say more?
It’s the most wonderful time of the year
On Savory Simple:
The best kale chips you’ll ever have, no lie. And it’s not my recipe so I’m not bragging!
Cast iron may be a pain but it sure makes this meal look pretty, doesn’t it? I can eat chorizo and eggs any time of the day.
I can’t thank you all enough for the kind comments. I don’t respond to everyone individually but I do read them all. This was a difficult post to write and your support means the world.
My favorite posts from other bloggers this week:
- Bellalimento: How to Make Chocolate Ravioli
- The Little Kitchen: Totchos Recipe
- Not Your Mommas Cookie: Nutella Pumpkin Thumbprint Cookies
- A Cozy Kitchen: Pumpkin Mascarpone Pillows with Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- Damn Delicious: Spicy Roasted Shrimp Sandwich with Chipotle Avocado Mayonnaise
- Joy the Baker: Chocolate Cream Vanilla Sugar Doughnuts
- Laura’s Sweet Spot: Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Almond Corner: Orange-Cardamom Scented Mini Bundt Cakes with Orange Blossom Syrup
- I’m totally making a pumpkin ice bucket for my next fall party
- Speaking of pumpkins, I bought a ton of them this weekend and am going to can the puree. I can’t stand the store-bought cans.
- Malted milk ball chocolate cake? YES PLEASE.
Enjoy the weekend!Don't miss future updates from Savory Simple! Subscribe to new recipes by email. You can also follow me via RSS, Facebook and Twitter.