I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend! Sunday is baking day with one of my best friends and we’re making a ton of goodies! Momofuku Crack Pie, anyone? Also on the agenda: thumbprint cookies, a holiday roulade, popcorn, a cheesy dip perfect for football parties… keep an eye out! Stay tuned for some fun content this week including a giveaway from Gordon’s Gourmet! And if you get a moment please visit some of my fabulous sponsors!
On Savory Simple:
This dinner is full of cancer-fighting ingredients: red wine, lentils, kale and mushrooms.
Berries are another important cancer-fighting ingredient. This blueberry bourbon crisp is lightened up and (relatively) guilt-free!
A decadent fall dessert. Check out the link for information on two fun giveaways!
Recipes I Bookmarked:
- Authentic Suburban Gourmet: Pumpkin Empanadas with Cilantro Mint Chutney
- Joy the Baker: Sharp Cheddar Cheese Crackers
- The Comfort of Cooking: Spooky Spiderweb Cookies
- Diethood: Dutch Baby Pancake with Fried Apples
- Bakers Royale: Chocolate Dipped Pears with Almond Crunch
- Gimme Some Oven: Spiced Butternut Squash Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Angry Asian Creations: Vegan Harvest Carrot Cake
Around the Web:
- I’m really enjoying this tumblr: Classy in the City
- But I’m totally obsessed with this site. I’m Remembering. It tickles my brain. I literally started at the very last page and have been working my way forward so I don’t miss anything. Wow did we have a lot of weird candy in the 80s.
- I could watch this video a million times and it would still make me laugh: