How much can you really say about cocktail nuts? They’re tasty and they have a silly name. Seriously, though, you guys are going to love my nuts!
These pumpkin spiced cocktail nuts are perfect for fall and holiday parties. Put them out at Thanksgiving as a snack while people are getting their drink on! I decided not to go overly sweet or spicy with the recipe but you can adjust the spice quantities to taste. A bit more maple syrup, a bit of cayenne pepper… customize your nuts! I used Trader Joe’s Fancy Mixed Nuts, which are a combination of cashews, almonds, pecans, brazil nuts and filberts. In my opinion, the pecans and cashews were the most addicting but this will work with any combination of nuts. I also used Penzy’s Pumpkin Pie Spice but you can easily make your own fall spice mixture from ingredients such as cinnamon, fresh nutmeg and allspice. Enjoy!
- 16 ounces mixed nuts (a little over 3 cups)
- 1 egg white
- 1½ teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- optional: 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Place the nuts in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the egg white and maple syrup until frothy.
- Pour the mixture over the nuts and stir until the nuts are well coated.
- Sprinkle the spices over the nuts and toss until evenly combined.
- Spread the nuts on the parchment in a single layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes, allow to cool before serving.
email. You can also follow me via RSS, Facebook and Twitter.