I was inspired to make these cookies after visiting my favorite dessert spot in Baltimore, Pitango Gelato. I always get their pistachio flavor, and when I saw they were offering cardamom gelato, I got one scoop of each. The flavors paired wonderfully together. And these cookies are equally fabulous. The cookie is soft and chewy. The pistachio and cardamom flavors shine.
- 8 ounces butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces sugar
- 8 ounces brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pistachio nut paste
- 9 ounces pistachio flour
- 9 ounces AP flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 2 eggs + 1 yolk
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Whisk/sift the dry ingredients together.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the eggs and yolk, one at a time, scraping down the sides periodically.
- Add the pistachio paste and a splash of vanilla.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients until combined.
- Use a small scoop to portion out the cookies.
- Chill for 15 minutes (don’t skip this step!)
- Bake at 350 for 13 minutes.