Baby, it’s cold inside. I truly believed that when I was last ranting about winter, we were done. It’s March. Temperatures are supposed to be in the mid-50s. Instead, today was well below freezing. We were once again pummeled by snow on Sunday. Enough already, winter! I do not believe in you anymore, therefore you do not exist.
I will heat up my kitchen to 425 degrees fahrenheit and pretend it’s downright steamy outside. Our kitchen windows will fog up in protest and that’s good. I will no longer be able to see your salty white destruction outside.
I will roast honey garlic chicken wings slathered in olive oil and lemon until they sizzle and their skins are crisp and brown from the heat of the oven.
And then I will eat them while they’re hot! And then… I don’t even know what I’m talking about, winter. Just go away already.
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1⅔ cups extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- juice from 2 lemons
- 3-4 pounds chicken wings (approximately 35-40 wings)
- sea salt
- Separate the garlic cloves without removing their skins. Place them in a pot, cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Boil the cloves for 10 minutes, then drain and allow to cool.
- Squeeze the cloves out of the skin into a food processor and pulse them several times. Then turn the machine on and pour in the olive oil, honey and lemon juice.
- Place the wings in a large, sealable plastic bag and pour in the mixture. Seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the wings (skin side up) and liquid in a large roasting pan or baking sheet with raised sides. Roast for 45-60 minutes, basting every 15 minutes, until the meat is cooked and the skin is brown and crunchy.
- Remove the wings from the pan with tongs and place on a serving tray. Salt them generously before serving.
More Chicken Recipes
Savory Simple – Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
Savory Simple – Chicken Massaman Curry
Savory Simple – Chicken Pot Pie with Butternut Squash and Bacon
Bakeaholic Mama – Healthier General Tso’s Chicken Tenders
A Brown Table – Easy South Indian Chicken Curry
Foodness Gracious – Crispy Fried Chicken Sliders with Buffalo Sauce